Thursday, August 1, 2019

Getting Pregnant with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)


After gaining 10 kilos of weight and living a lifestyle based on junk food, I was detected with Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndroms (PCOS/PCOD). I had no idea about what this was, so I simply followed the doctor’s advice for two years. The doctor prescribed metformin tablets which would help regulate the hormones. I ended up eating more junk and gained more weight. The medicines didn’t help me lose weight nor help me get rid of the PCOS. The situation got worse due to excessive eating leading to mild depression.
Then I looked at my video where I was dancing at a cousin’s wedding. I was shocked at what I had become. I resolved that day to cure myself by focusing on my well being. I stopped taking the metformin which was making me lethargic. My visits to the gynecologist were depressing me, so I stopped going to her as well.
Despite the doctor being sure that it was not possible to reverse PCOS without metformin, I managed to reverse my PCOS. I got pregnant without undergoing fertility treatment. I also lost weight and had a very easy delivery.
I am not suggesting that a person detected with PCOS or thyroid must not follow the doctor’s advice. While you follow what the doctor says, please consider doing the following things because this may help you get rid of PCOS or thyroid naturally as it helped me.
1. Yoga
Yoga or meditation is an amazing way to gain control over the mind. I joined a yoga camp at the Yoga Institute in Mumbai, which was the best thing I did for myself since the PCOS was detected. It not only gives peace but also helps in increasing positivity. There are specific asanas which help in improving a woman’s reproductive system. You must do the Baddhakonasana (butterfly pose) every day before conception and during pregnancy as this asana strengthens the pelvic area and eases the delivery process. It also helps in the process of conception.
Paschimottanasana is a forward bending asana that helps to work on the abdomen, ovaries, and uterus.
Setu Bandhsana (bridge pose) is a great asana. It works on the glutes, thighs, and back. It also enhances blood circulation in the ovaries and uterus which helps in improving fertility.
Apart from these asanas, one must also do asanas that aid in weight loss such as Pavanmuktasana, Hastapadasana, Konasana, Bhujangasana.
Yogendra Pranayam IV, Anulomvilom pranayam and Kapalbhati pranayam are great to treat PCOS and Thyroid.
2. Healthy eating
The best thing would be to consult a dietician. I consulted a dietician at the hospital who gave me wonderful tips. The foods that really help are ones that are rich in antioxidants such as blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, and avocado. Eat sweet potato, carrots and lots of green vegetables such as spinach, bitter gourd, french beans. Do not skip breakfast. Oats give a wonderful start to the day as they are rich in fibre. Eat small meals every 2-3 hours.
3. Exercise 
Weight loss is important for reversing PCOS as this is a lifestyle condition. Instead of doing crazy workouts and burning out the next day, focus on increasing your physical activity step by step. I started with 15 minute walks at home. Gradually, I was able to work out in the gym for an hour. I managed to lose 10 kilos slowly and steadily without quitting any of my favorite foods. Everyone is different. Accept yourself as you are. Then work towards bringing about changes that you desire one by one.
4. Have faith, not doubt
Half of the battle is the battle of the mind. Don’t be a woman of doubt. Be a woman of faith. If you believe you can do it, you will surely succeed. It may take time but don’t give up. Most of the lifestyle conditions result out of stress. So forget the stress and have faith that God will do the rest.
5. Acupressure
There are certain points in our hands and legs which can be used to treat diseases, pains, aches or other medical conditions. I learned acupressure from some senior teachers. Consistently giving myself the acupressure points treatment contributed to the reversal of PCOS.
6. A happy mind is key to a healthy body
Lastly, let go of the things you don’t like. Take up a hobby or a new challenge to keep your mind occupied with things that you enjoy doing. In the daily grind, we often forget to enjoy the little things that make us truly. If you are in a happy frame of mind, you will eat well and feel good. That is the key to a healthy body. Once you are happy in your mind, you will be healthy in your body.
Disclaimer: Please note that these are things which have helped me reverse my PCOS and get pregnant naturally. However, I have no intention of advising anyone to ignore their doctor’s advice. Alongside your doctor’s treatment, you can try the above to expedite the process of reversal of PCOS or thyroid.
If you enjoy reading my articles please follow my blog www.passion-goals.blogspot.com and follow me on Momspresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment