Sunday, June 2, 2019

Break the routine


As each day passes by in the daily grind
The soul craves for a challenge that will enlighten the mind,

The cycle of a mundane routine kills my imagination 
As each day passes I crave for a vacation,

Then I ponder over a question that has made me wonder for days
In a routine that bores me why don’t I find some creative ways,

I open my pen and sit with a notebook in which I used to write poetry
But words don’t flow the way they used to when I wrote while sitting below a tree,

As I pen down my first thoughts and struggle to find a further way
The table clock reminds me of the tasks to be done before the end of day,

I keep the pen down and stare at the line I wrote on the paper for a while
Telling myself I will complete the tasks later which makes me smile,

After an hour of struggle I finally finish the poem with satisfaction 
And I return to the routine without any depression,

All you need is a little time for yourself once in a while
To break the chains of routine and do something that makes you smile.

2 comments: