Friday, February 1, 2019

Pregnancy Diaries - Introduction


It’s been 2 months and 15 days since my baby girl was born. Her name is Shanaya. She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. When her little fingers hold my hand, I feel alive. Every mother talks about the joy of being a mom, but there is more to being a mom than the cuddles and giggles. Prior to becoming a mom, I was a lawyer, a daughter, a wife, a friend, a writer  and someone who loved to sleep and watch movies. Since the last two and a half months, the only thing left in my personality is motherhood. All I think about is how to protect my little munchkin from infection and how to make sure that she is on the right growth path. 

I finally decided to write about my journey from getting pregnant to becoming a mother. This is my first blog about pregnancy and motherhood. I chose to write about this topic so I can share the things that helped me during pregnancy and thereafter. 

The internet is full of information about any doubt that you can imagine regarding maternity. As a first time mom, you will get tempted to check every doubt on Google. You may end up trusting Google more than your parents or the doctor. Although some things that are available online are fairly correct, there is a lot of unreliable information also. 

My tip No. 1 is do not rely on the internet completely to clear your doubts regarding issues that may come up during pregnancy and thereafter. Trust your instincts. When you become a mom, God gives you the instinct to understand what works best for you and your baby. 

The next article in this series will be about “Getting pregnant”. I will share with you the things that no one tells you honestly about conception and things that will help you in taking your first step towards maternity.  Please follow my blog at www.passion-goals.blogspot.com for reading more interesting stuff in the series “Pregnancy Diaries” and to read articles and poetry about inspiration, relationships, travel and life.




No comments:

Post a Comment