Monday, February 11, 2019

Getting Pregnant


A child teaches a woman to be a mother,
The joy that a child gives you is like no other,
By the end of each day you may feel exhausted,
But a smile from your child will make you feel energetic,
A husband and wife may love each other lifelong,
But the presence of a child makes their bond strong.”

Being a mother is the most wonderful experience I’ve had so far. It has taught me the meaning of unconditional love and gratitude towards my husband and my family. Parenthood is not easy and requires lot of patience and perseverance. This article will discuss some alternative non-medical ways to help you get started on your journey of motherhood.

If you are ready for this journey then you must consult a doctor first. Apart from the advice that the doctor will give, the following steps will definitely help you to get pregnant in a healthy way:

1. Love yourself and Accept yourself

The weighing scale plays a crucial role in the process of conceiving a baby, yet the most important thing that you need to do is to love yourself. Accepting your body as it is will play a very important role in this journey. If weight is an issue then work on getting fit but first, you must accept yourself as you are. This will create a foundation of positivity which will help you during pregnancy and childbirth. 

2. A supportive partner makes the journey beautiful 

My husband was very caring and supportive from the time we decided to have a child. In our society, women are still targeted on issues related to pregnancy and childcare. If you are married for a year, people start getting curious as to why you are not pregnant yet. All couples have their priorities in this regard yet family and friends tend to gossip and enquire about these things. During such times, your husband’s support will help you stay away from unnecessary comments. My husband and I decided when it was time for us to have a baby and comments from the society never ceated tension between us. He was extremely sensitive to me during the process as I had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Even before we decided to get pregnant, the doctors told us it would be difficult for me to get pregnant naturally due to PCOS. However, a strong will along with a positive attitude reversed my PCOS.

3. You can get pregnant naturally even with PCOS

I will deal with this topic in the next article as it requires a detailed discussion. Despite the doctor’s advice, I got pregnant naturally when we decided to get on this journey. It is completely possible to have PCOS yet have a normal pregnancy and delivery.

4. Weight is not just a number

When I got pregnant, I was overweight. But I still had lost 10 kilos from my original weight before we started thinking about having a child. Weight is not just a number. Extra kilograms of body fat not only invite diseases, but also make you lethargic. You may get through a healthy pregnancy with the extra kilograms, but you will face lot of difficulties while caring for a newborn and recovering from delivery. I have given details about what worked for me while losing weight in my article “One scale at a time” at https://passion-goals.blogspot.com/2018/03/one-scale-at-time.html

5. Yoga improves concentration and assists in a healthy pregnancy 

Yoga has been my favorite way to get fit. It not only improves concentration but helps in conception. I had joined a two day prenatal yoga workshop at the Yoga Institute in Mumbai. This helped me a lot during my last trimester. Although the doctor was of the view that it may be difficult for me to have a normal delivery but yoga gave me the confidence and strength to have a normal delivery without epidural. You must do the Baddhakonasana (butterfly pose) everyday before conception and during pregnancy as this asana strengthens the pelvic area and eases the delivery process. It also helps in the process of conception.

6. Squat your way through pregnancy 

It is very important to have strength in your calf and leg muscles so you can carry the weight of a growing belly and deliver your baby without epidural. Squats are the best exercise for strengthening your legs, glutes and pelvic area. If you are new to squatting then start slowly under supervision. Do this exercise everyday especially during the last three months of pregnancy as it will assist your baby in getting in the right position (head down) at the time of delivery. I would advise you to squat even before you conceive so your body gets accustomed to the exercise.

7. Don’t diet but add healthy options in your meals 

I love to eat out at restaurants, cafes and street. I have a sweet tooth as well. Dieting would never work for me. So I decided to eat what I like but I added some healthy food options to my meals everyday. Eating all types of berries, coconut, spinach, fenugreek, broccoli, banana, carrots and oranges helps a lot to get pregnant naturally and have a healthy pregnancy. These foods (especially coconut) also help to increase breast milk production. Carrots help in controlling acidity levels even during pregnancy.

8. Have faith

If things don’t work out immediately don’t get disappointed. Focus on building a strong faith on yourself and your partner. Nature has its own way of presenting us with the most beautiful gift in the world in the form of children. You will get what you believe you deserve. 

I wish you best of luck for a healthy pregnancy and childbirth.


If you enjoyed this article, please follow my blog to read the next article about dealing with PCOS.

3 comments:

  1. Very informative and straight from the heart

    ReplyDelete

  2. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?
    I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .

    GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
    *They sell this cards to all customers and interested buyers worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $2000 to $5000 and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.*

    *email: blankatm156@gmail.com
    *you can also call or whatsapp us Contact us today for more enlightenment
    +1(301) 329-5298

    ReplyDelete

  3. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?
    I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .

    GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
    *They sell this cards to all customers and interested buyers worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $2000 to $5000 and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.*

    *email: blankatm156@gmail.com
    *you can also call or whatsapp us Contact us today for more enlightenment
    +1(301) 329-5298

    ReplyDelete